Tuesday 10 July 2012

Summer Olympics 2012

Wahoo the United Kingdom is gearing up to celebrate the 2012 Summer Olympics! With the Olympic Torch running from town to town, the games are just around the corner. The torch came to Reading today and my friends and I waited excitedly on the official route. Street vendors sold tacky Union Jack flags (yes, I bought one) whilst calling out "One poun, one poun", (inside joke) up and down the streets. I did not however, buy the Union Jack hats or fake gold medals (I believe that is pushing it a wee bit). We picked the perfect location to wait, right in front of us the torch was passed to the next relay runner.  C-O-O-L-! Later I got to meet one of the torch runners and she even let me hold the torch..... how exciting!!!

I've never been to the Olympics in the US, but hoping to see bits of it here in the UK. My friends and I made the local newspaper as well with our pretty selves posing for a picture in the Reading Chronicle (I hope I look OK in the photo the journalist took). He asked where we came from...and such an odd lot he picked because one of us is from Australia, the other from South Africa and me of course from the USofA. Looking forward to the Summer Olympics and some more adventures!




No comments:

Post a Comment